Bus shelter

The first bus shelter, presented to the parish by the Bradworthy Women's Institute to commemorate the Queen's coronation in 1953, was built on the Square and opened in 1955 by Mr. J.C. Hilton of Clovelly.

The opening of the original bus shelter in 1955 featuring Mrs Hilton, Mrs. W. Seldon, and Mr. J.C. Hilton.

The site originally selected for the bus shelter had been where the entrance to the Memorial Hall now stands - but this was changed to its present site to accommodate the Memorial Hall.

The original structure, featuring much glass, was a target for repeated attacks by vandals. It was replaced with a more robust structure in 1987 by builder Alan Balsdon.